Sunday, August 8, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog

Two years ago I started a blog...continued it for two months then gave up. Too overwhelmed with running my practice and keeping up to-date with nutritional science, I protested I didn’t have time, and since I gravitate toward perfectionism, I feared it would take too long to get the posts out. I just couldn’t commit.

Ironically, I was expecting full commitment from my clients. If you want a hotter body and sharper mind, you'd have to spend some time thinking and preparing what to eat. After espousing this advice to my clients, it dawned on me that I wasn't applying those principals to my own business. I needed to walk the talk not only nutritionally but with other aspects of my life.

So my commitment to you - fresh and practical nutrition advice; culinary ideas; what's on my plate; exercise tips; and nutrition in the news - initially once or twice a month. The frequency may increase once I get warmed up, but for now, I'm following my own advice, starting small and slow but being consistent. My goal is to make the posts short, interesting and informative. If I miss the mark, please let me know. If I hit the mark, please forward the posts to your friends or family members who may benefit from them.

So with my inaugural blog post, I'll ask you a few questions: What is something you have been meaning to change in your life? What’s holding you back from fully committing to that change? And if you don’t make that change, what does your future look like?

Now you've got your answer, time to action it. Okay, enough of the psychology, here is my first "What's on my plate" post.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Dana,
Fantastic recipe idea and bison...imagine that...something new and different...yes!!!
Thanks for the extra dedication to your program. You are a true inspiration to each of my days!
Carol